29.1.09

For the boy who shall never grow up

"You see that? You see that? I saw it! I saw it! I told you so! I saw it! SEE!!"
A shrill voice came from the blue-tiled roof of 56 Foderstew Street, echoing into the abyss of the night.

There laid two friends of opposite gender spread out, looking out into the night sky. To the left there laid a boy, wearing a polo and hip fitting trousers, his neat cut and also spotlessly decked with a cheesy sweater (which he claimed his 'dear old grandmother' had given him) was absurdly contrasted with his friend's appearance. Her laidback appearance, consisted of a t-shirt and a pair of jeans that were not hip-hugging nor were they 'butt-falling'. Her hair pulled up to a messy pony-tail, this girl was normal. Except that she was pointing excitedly to what the boy deemed as an empty sky, as he was to busy keeping his eyes shut.

"There's nothing up there, Kaylie.Just the sky." stated the solemn voice of the absurdly bland-looking boy.

"Oh come on Adam! Look just look. There it is.Second star to the right! It's shining so brightly, Impossible if you can't see it." insisted the pony-tailed brunnete.

"Kaylie, I know what I know, and I know a lot more than you do." smug superiority shining through his words naturally.

Kaylie looked at her best friend, baffled at his stubborn stupidity.

"Adam, come on, be a good sport! Just open your eyes! I swear ontop of my bubble-gum collection there it is, Adam. Just open your eyes and see."

Frustration and impatience dwindled in her, as Adam once again refused to open his eyes.
Patience was never a preseverance for the short-fused wit of a girl, and doing drastic dramatic actions were the things she had thrills from.

Whispering vehement warnings and urgings to the blonde green-eyed boy next to her, she crouched herself into position.

" Adam, If you don't open your eyes, I swear, I'll jump.I swear I will."

Adam startled and alarmed by the lack of warmth by his side, quickly sat up. His wide eyes ,as wide as his mother's dinner plates, met with her grinning azure.

Adam felt his heart skipped a beat as he stared into the playful blues of hers.

"God, Kaylie. I thought you'd really done it! Great Jove, you gave me a scare. Kaylie I feel like I'm having a heart attack here!" Kaylie observed her friend turn red as a cherry, as he proclaimed this.

"I always knew you were a drama queen at heart Adam. Don't worry, I'm okay with homosexual people.I swear." her retort made him roll his eyes at her and laugh.

"Fine, fine Kaylie, my eyes are yours to dictate."

His friend of two years snickered at this, and quickly scooted herself to him pointing to the stars above them. As she was to busy exclaiming and telling him quotes pin-pointing the exact location of the star she was so overjoyed with founding, Adam took a good look to his dear friend. Her mouth was moving in such a rapid session that it was running against the speed of sound.Nose having a bump after a rough childhood, made sense as her eyes were slanted and hid the fierce blue reciding in her irises.

" Adam? Adam? Are you even paying attention to me?" Kaylie asks a very zoned out Adam.

Woken up from his analyzation of her face, Adam shamefully shakes his head. Sighing Kaylie looks at her dear friend and shakes her head along.

"I know you never have or will beleive in PeterPan but come on..Just look for me? Just see.you'll see I'm right."

"Can you blame me? Come on. We're 16 Kaylie, not 12. We can't just keep beleiving in flying never-growing boys in green tights."

Smiling ever so sadly, Kaylie again shaked her head to Adam's point of reason.

"It's not the character that you pay attention to, it's the symbol he brings Adam. He symbolizes youth and joy."

Hearing a start for another of his friend's preaching sermons on Disney's subtle ways of relaying a messages he could not resist making a face. Kaylie seeing Adam's apparent lack of seriousness on the matter snapped and got to the point.

"Oh great, that's very mature Adam. Very mature. But you have to admit, Peter pan does bring joy. He's so care-free and fun, that he just brings the best out of the audience. You know?"

"So let me get this straight Kaylie, Peter pan brings the best out of a person?"

Nodding and smiling contentedly that Adam was paying her attention, she took the opportunity to show him, what she thought was the star of Neverland.

As she again pointed out to one of the light in the skys, urging him to look, Adam stole a glance at Kaylie, and couldn't help thinking,

"You're my peter pan."

*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*

Dedicated to the memory of my Brother, Ahmad Aqeel Bin Ahmad Sanusi, whom god had bestowed the gift of an eternally sin-free youth .30-01-06

To My dear brother:
Fly bro, fly. I'll see you someday.
Till next year. Ciao.

No comments:

Mine

  It’s like a hitch, when your breath gets caught in between the spaces of your ribs, as it swings up and down. Air trapped between the whit...